What Songs Will Get Your Wedding Guests on the Dance Floor?
Here at Bidvine, we understand that planning your wedding is somewhat stressful. Not only do you have to worry about whether everyone knows their part, if the best man has the rings and if the weather is going to hold out for the photos, but you also have the big worry of whether your guests are having a good time.
Wedding entertainment plays a big part and sets the atmosphere for the whole event, so it’s important to get it right.
In a bid to help you with this, we surveyed 1,400 DJs on Bidvine to find out which songs are best for getting your guests up and on the dancefloor, it came as no surprise that The Jackson 5 were top of the list!
Already know which songs you'd like to play at your wedding? Click here to hire a DJ on Bidvine. Still looking for inspiration? Then keep reading below for our top suggestions!
DJ Price Guide
Top Wedding Songs From Bidvine DJs
- Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
- Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside
- The Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- Five – Everybody Get Up
- Junkie XL & Elvis Presley – Little Less Conversation
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- David Bowie – Let’s Dance
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Black Eyes Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- Prince – 1999
- The B-52’s – Love Shack
- Kool & the Gang – Celebration
Check out our Spotify Playlist and share it with your wedding DJ!
We also asked the DJs what the worst wedding song requests they’ve ever received are – so you know to stay clear of them!
- Kanye West – Gold Digger
- Queen – Another One Bites The Dust
- Rage Against The Machine – Killing In The Name
- The Righteous Brothers – You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling
- Akon ft. Eminem – Smack That
Check out our Spotify Playlist to have a laugh about the worst possible weddings songs.
We worked with our DJs to put together a handy guide on what you should consider when planning your wedding’s entertainment:
Top Wedding Music Advice From Bidvine DJs
- Consider the age group of your guests. If like most weddings, you have people who are going to be in their 60’s/70’s but also in their teens and 20’s, try and vary the music genre. Motown is always a hit with most age groups, but throw in a few modern classic hits.
- Avoid explicit songs, if you have a few favourites that include swear words try and save them towards the end of the evening.
- Limit the number of slow songs you have in your playlist to 2 or 3 and spread them out through the night.
- Avoid playing too many gimmicky songs like the Crazy Frog and the Macarena, they’re great for getting people up and moving, and children love them but keep them to a limit.
- Get the special dances, such as the first and Father and Daughter dance, done early in the evening so guests can start dancing without too much interruption.
Ready to book a DJ for your wedding? Easily find a top local DJ on Bidvine when you submit a free request!