So you’ve heard all about Movember when gents grow a moustache for a month in aid of men’s cancer charity and Stoptober which is supposed to help smokers quit… well, then you’re probably wondering where this trend is going. Fear not! We at Bidvine have the answer: Tryanuary… it’s like January, but instead of following the resolution fads, you’re encouraged to try something that scares you. There are many self-help books who encourage this as a new life-philosophy of sorts, so suffice it to say, it’s never too late to start!
And to start us off, here are some suggestions from the desks here at Bidvine:
1. Become a star – being a star is relative, so to speak. We’re not expecting you to embark on your world tour or invest everything you have in your new-found career as a performance artist, however there’s no harm in trying out for the local drama society, signing up to a free talent show (may it be local or the X-factor) or attending an open mic or karaoke night. If you need a bit of encouragement before your big debut, consider hiring a singing coach.
2. Make something with your own two hands – If you are one of those people who think DIY is for someone else, it’s time for a rethink. Why not try to make this the month when you finally make that birdhouse or spice rack.
3. Extreme sports – Personally, I think anything more strenuous than golf is an extreme sport, but this isn’t about me. So if you’ve ever fancied bungee jumping, kite surfing, parkour, roller derby or tiger racing, then it’s time we got you a helmet.
4. Yoga and meditation – You have been promising yourself this for years! The benefits of yoga and meditation are manifold so although it might require some time commitment on your part, your body and mind will be thankful for years to come! Make the leap and find a yoga teacher.
5. Learn a language – We could all do with a bit of help here and there is absolutely no excuse not to speak another language. The rest of the world puts us to shame with their linguistic skills and it’s high time we were able to hold our heads up high again! If you are serious about picking up a new language (or even if you are just thinking about it, actually), do read our blog post on the benefits or learning a foreign language.
You’ll find all manner of new things to learn right here on Bidvine, Just don’t blame us if you’re looking for a Tiger Racing instructor… the waiting lists are horrendous!
Did you make up your mind what you are going to pursue this Tryanuary? Share it with us in the comments below!
Image source: Austin Schmid