Homes Under the Hammer’s Amazing Literal Music Choices
When it comes to daytime TV, there’s one show that’s head and shoulders above the rest. Homes Under the Hammer tracks the progress of properties sold at auction. They find out who purchased what and see what they plan to do.
The real pull of the show, though, is the punny script and hilarious soundtrack. We’ve chosen our top 10 musical moments that should go down in pun history. We’ve also included the songs’ music videos for your listening pleasure!
If you’re looking to take your home under the hammer, hire a builder on Bidvine.
Handyman Price Guide
Homes Under the Hammer’s Music:
1. The show featured a house with a palm tree in the garden, and Club Tropicana by Wham blasted in the background.
2. The show starts with a property in Blackburn, then when they are back in Blackburn, the soundtrack is Back in Black by AC/DC.
3. Featuring a garden with grapevines in the backyard and the smooth voice of Marvin Gaye singing Heard it Through the Grapevine provides the perfect moment.
4. A flat with no central heating is no laughing matter. This doesn’t phase Homes Under the Hammer, though. Cold as Ice by Foreigner plays during the segment.
5. There’s a heated battle between two bidders in the auction room and a bit of tension is added with Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
6. Moody Ghost Town by The Specials is paired with an unfortunate property with boarded-up windows.
7. Something costing a little more money than expected? Whack on Money Money Money by ABBA.
8. A house with yellow wallpaper is an easy target. Yellow by Coldplay may be an easy choice, but sometimes the most obvious puns work the best.
9. No stone is left unturned and personality quirks of the buyer are integral to the soundtrack. An enthusiastic surfer is buoyed along by Surfin’ Safari by The Beach Boys.
10. The buyer featured used to own a fishery – any excuse to play When the Boat Comes In!
We hope you enjoyed our rundown of the literal music featured on Homes Under The Hammer! If you did, feel free to give it a share on social media.
If you’re watching Homes Under the Hammer on an unmounted TV (the horror!), why not hire a TV mounter on Bidvine? They can help you improve your TV viewing experience!
- Prepare Your Garden For Rain in 5 Quick and Helpful Steps
- 19 Tiny House Hacks to Help You Maximise Your Space